Windsor Library Happenings
Published 1:30 pm Monday, March 4, 2019
- Tattoo a Banana: During Teen Tech Week, youth ages 12-19 can participate in this unusual craft on Wednesday, March 6, beginning at 3 p.m. Fun crafts and yummy snacks at the Nacho Bar will be featured.
- “Love your Library” month continues through Thursday March 7. Pick up your Tic-Tac-Toe card at the front desk, play and turn it in by that date to get a free book, and be entered in the drawing for great prizes. This program is for children infants through fifth grade.
- Bat Program: This will be on Saturday, March 9, at 10 a.m. in Windsor High School, 24 Church St. The Virginia Master Naturalist and the Windsor Library would like to invite you to come and meet our native bats of Hampton Roads. Have more fun with bats and register for the bat box building session immediately following the program. Space is limited, so call 242-3046 or email email@example.com to reserve your spot.
- This month’s PAWS to read will be on Saturday, March 23, from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
- Senior Services’ Medicare: Benefits counselors will return on Monday, March 25. The time will be from 1 to 3 p.m. to assist Medicare-eligible individuals in navigating Medicare and Medicare Part D. Assistance will also be available for those who are enrolled and may be eligible for the Part D Low-Income Subsidy “Extra Help” benefit. These sessions are free. Appointments are strongly recommended, and those wishing to speak with a Medicare benefits counselor should call Sam Mizelle at 328-4217.
- Friends of the Windsor Library: Meets the second Monday of the month at 5 p.m. Membership is free and open to anyone with a desire to make the library and our community an even better place.
- Preschool Story Time: Join us for stories, music and crafts each Tuesday at 10:45 a.m.
- One-On-One Computer Training. The tutoring is now offered by appointment every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon. Just stop in or call the front desk to set up an appointment. Take advantage of this great — and free — learning opportunity.
- Adult Coloring Club. If you are a coloring addict or just want to see what the buzz is all about, drop by the Windsor Library every Wednesday at 10 a.m. and relax and de-stress while making your world more colorful.
- Hooks and Needles. Each Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. Bring your project, or start a new one and join the fun.
For more information, call 242-3046.