Windsor Library Happenings
Published 6:04 pm Friday, April 26, 2019
- PAWS to Read: This will be today, April 27, from 10:30 a.m. to noon. This will be the last one until fall.
- Senior Services’ Medicare: Benefits counselors will return on Monday, April 29. The time will be from 1 to 3 p.m. to assist Medicare-eligible individuals in navigating Medicare and Medicare Part D. Assistance will also be available for those who are enrolled and may be eligible for the Part D Low-Income Subsidy “Extra Help” benefit. These sessions are free. Appointments are strongly recommended, and those wishing to speak with a Medicare benefits counselor should call Sam Mizelle at 328-4217.
- Butterfly Water Dish Workshop: From 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, May 4, the Master Naturalists will give away native plants and host the program. Make your own butterfly dish to attract butterflies to your garden. Call 242-3046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Book Club: The group will discuss “The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie” by Alan Bradley. The club meets on Thursday, May 9, at 7 p.m.
- Visiting author: From 6 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, June 13, local writer Allie Marie will be back with “Child of Time,” the latest book in the “True Colors” series. She will be signing books and discussing her writing. Note the date change.
- Friends of the Windsor Library: Meets the second Monday of the month at 5 p.m. Membership is free and open to anyone with a desire to make the library and our community an even better place.
- Preschool Story Time: Join us for stories, music and crafts each Tuesday at 10:45 a.m.
- One-On-One Computer Training. The tutoring is now offered by appointment every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon. Just stop in or call the front desk to set up an appointment. Take advantage of this great — and free — learning opportunity.
- Adult Coloring Club. If you are a coloring addict or just want to see what the buzz is all about, drop by the Windsor Library every Wednesday at 10 a.m. and relax and de-stress while making your world more colorful.
- Hooks and Needles. Each Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. Bring your project, or start a new one and join the fun.
For more information, call 242-3046.