Windsor Library Happenings
Published 3:29 pm Friday, January 11, 2019
- Friends of the Library: The support group will meet on Monday, Jan. 14, at 5 p.m. Membership is free and open to all.
- Preschool Story Time resumes on Tuesday, Jan. 15, at 10:45 a.m. Join us for stories, music and crafts.
- Paws to Read: Be at the library on Saturday, Jan. 26, from 10:30 a.m. to noon and meet our therapy dogs. Enjoy a craft and make their day by reading them a story.
- Senior Services’ Medicare: Benefits counselors will return on Monday, Jan. 28. The time will be from 1 to 3 p.m. to assist Medicare-eligible individuals in navigating Medicare and Medicare Part D. Assistance will also be available for those who are enrolled and may be eligible for the Part D Low-Income Subsidy “Extra Help” benefit. These sessions are free. Appointments are strongly recommended, and those wishing to speak with a Medicare benefits counselor should call Sam Mizelle at 328-4217.
- Book Club: The members will meet on Thursday, Feb. 14, at 7 p.m. They will discuss “The Perfect Couple” by Elin Hilderbrand. Copies are available for check-out at the front desk and on ebook through Overdrive, Libby or Sovalue.
- February is “Love your Library” Month. We will be kicking it off with a Pajama Party on Monday, Feb. 4, at 5:30 p.m. Join us for stories and milk and cookies. Also pick up a “Reading Tic Tac Toe” page to win books and prizes.
- One-On-One Computer Training. The tutoring is now offered by appointment every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon. Just stop in or call the front desk to set up an appointment. Take advantage of this great — and free — learning opportunity.
- Adult Coloring Club. If you are a coloring addict or just want to see what the buzz is all about, drop by the Windsor Library every Wednesday at 10 a.m. and relax and de-stress while making your world more colorful.
- Hooks and Needles. Each Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. Bring your project, or start a new one and join the fun.
- Friends of the Windsor Library: Meets the second Monday of the month at 5 p.m. Membership is free and open to anyone with a desire to make the library and our community an even better place.
For more information, call 242-3046.