Windsor Library Happenings
Published 2:39 pm Monday, November 19, 2018
- Paws to Read: Be at the library on Saturday, Nov. 17, from 10:30 a.m. to noon and meet our therapy dogs. Enjoy a craft and make their day by reading them a story.
- The library will be closed on Nov. 22-23 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Senior Services’ Medicare: Benefits counselors will be here on Monday, Nov. 26. The time will be from 1 to 4 p.m. to assist Medicare-eligible individuals in navigating Medicare and Medicare Part D. Assistance will also be available for those who are enrolled and may be eligible for the Part D Low-Income Subsidy “Extra Help” benefit. These sessions are free. Appointments are strongly recommended, and those wishing to speak with a Medicare benefits counselor should call Sam Mizelle at 328-4217. The Medicare benefits counseling program, administered by Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia, serves residents of Franklin, Isle of Wight County, Southampton County and Suffolk. It is funded by a grant from the Obici Healthcare Foundation.
- Breakfast with Santa: This will be on Saturday, Dec. 1 in the Windsor Town Center from 8 to 10 a.m. This event is sponsored by the Friends of the Windsor Library. The $3 admission per person includes a pancake and sausage breakfast, a visit and photo with Santa, a free book, Storytelling with Lady Elisabeth of the Yule, and a trip to the Santa Shop for children to pick out a gift for a family member.
- Book Club: The group will not meet in December, but will resume on Thursday, Jan. 10, at 7 p.m. We will be discussing “There, there” by Tommy Orange. Copies are available for check out at the front desk and on Overdrive.
- One-On-One Computer Training. The tutoring is now offered by appointment every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon. Just stop in or call the front desk to set up an appointment. Take advantage of this great — and free — learning opportunity.
- Story Time programs are on Tuesdays at 10:45 a.m. Join us for fun, stories, songs and crafts. The last activity for the year will be on Dec. 11. Story Time will resume on Jan. 15.
- Adult Coloring Club. If you are a coloring addict or just want to see what the buzz is all about, drop by the Windsor Library every Wednesday at 10 a.m. and relax and de-stress while making your world more colorful.
- Hooks and Needles. Each Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. Bring your project, or start a new one and join the fun.
- Friends of the Windsor Library: Meets the second Monday of the month at 5 p.m. Membership is free and open to anyone with a desire to make the library and our community an even better place.
For more information, call 242-3046.