Windsor Library Happenings
Published 2:19 pm Saturday, June 9, 2018
- Book Club: Meeting on Thursday, June 14, at 7 p.m. Allie Marie will be here for a talk and book signing from 6 to 8 p.m. At 7 p.m., she’ll lead the club in a discussion of her newest book, “Hands of the Healer,” which is the fourth in her “True Color” series and set in historical Olde Towne Portsmouth. Copies of all of her books are available for check out at the front desk.
- Let’s Talk Bees: Learn about the value of bees and how you can contribute to their survivors in your own yard. Virginia Master Naturalist volunteers and special guest, William Bell, will be at the library on Thursday, June 21, from 6 to 7 p.m. Registration is recommended.
- Senior Services’ Medicare: Benefits counselors will return on Monday, June 25. The time remains from 1 to 3 p.m. to assist Medicare-eligible individuals in navigating Medicare and Medicare Part D. Assistance will also be available for those who are currently enrolled and may be eligible for the Part D Low-Income Subsidy “Extra Help” benefit. These sessions are free and open to the public. Appointments are not required unless specified. Those wishing to make an appointment with a Medicare benefits counselor should please call Sam Mizelle at 328-4217. The Medicare benefits counseling program, administered by Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia, serves residents of Franklin, Isle of Wight County, Southampton County and Suffolk. It is funded by a grant from the Obici Healthcare Foundation.
- Silent auction: Local artist Wayne Braswell’s works are being featured. This fundraiser for the library continues through Sunday, June 24.
- One-On-One Computer Training. The tutoring is now offered by appointment every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon. Just stop in or call the front desk to set up an appointment. Take advantage of this great — and free — learning opportunity.
- Story Time. This will resume in the fall.
- Adult Coloring Club. If you are a coloring addict or just want to see what the buzz is all about, drop by the Windsor Library every Wednesday at 10 a.m. and relax and de-stress while making your world more colorful.
- Hooks and Needles is back! Each Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. Bring your project, or start a new one and join the fun.
For more information, call 242-3046.