Windsor Library Happenings
Published 4:39 pm Saturday, April 28, 2018
- PAWS to Read: Cody and Max, our favorite therapy dogs will be here today, April 28, from 10:30 a.m. to noon. Stop in and read to them.
- Senior Services’ Medicare: The date for the visit by benefits counselors has been changed to Monday, April 30. The time remains from 1 to 3 p.m. to assist Medicare-eligible individuals in navigating Medicare and Medicare Part D. Assistance will also be available for those who are currently enrolled and may be eligible for the Part D Low-Income Subsidy “Extra Help” benefit. These sessions are free and open to the public. Appointments are not required unless specified. Those wishing to make an appointment with a Medicare benefits counselor should please call Sam Mizelle at 328-4217. The Medicare benefits counseling program, administered by Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia, serves residents of Franklin, Isle of Wight County, Southampton County and Suffolk. It is funded by a grant from the Obici Healthcare Foundation.
- Children’s Book Week: Celebrate by playing Bingo for Books on Thursday, May 3, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Have fun playing bingo and winning books.
- Book Club: Meeting on Thursday, May 10, at 7 p.m. to discuss “Lily and the Octopus” by Steven Rowley.
- Friends of the Windsor Library: The next meeting will be on Monday, May 14 at 5 p.m. Make a difference — be a Friend.
- Hooks and Needles is back! Each Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. Bring your project, or start a new one and join the fun.
- Story Time. Programs are on Tuesdays at 10:45 a.m. Call the library to register.
- Adult Coloring Club. If you are a coloring addict or just want to see what the buzz is all about, drop by the Windsor Library every Wednesday at 10 a.m. and relax and de-stress while making your world more colorful.
- One-On-One Computer Training. The tutoring is now offered by appointment every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon. Just stop in or call the front desk to set up an appointment. Take advantage of this great — and free — learning opportunity.
For more information, call 242-3046.