Windsor Library Happenings
- Teen Tech Week: From March 5 through 10, stop in and pick up a TTW Bingo Card. Once you have a Bingo turn it in for an emoji keychain and a chance to win an Amazon Gift Card.
- The Friends of the Windsor Library: The next meeting will be on Monday, March 12, at 5 p.m. Make a difference — be a Friend.
- Hooks and Needles: This returns on Wednesday, March 14, at 10:30 a.m. Bring your project or start a new one and join the fun.
- Book Club: On Tuesday, March 20 at 4 p.m. We will be reading “Hello Sunshine” by Laura Dave. All are welcome to join us for a relaxed book discussion. Copies of this month’s book are available for check out at the front desk and on e-book.
- PAWS to Read: Cody and Max, our favorite therapy dogs will be here the fourth Saturday of every month (March 24 and April 28) from 10:30 a.m. to noon. Stop in and read to them.
- Senior Services’ Medicare benefits counselors will be on Monday, March 26 from 1 to 3 p.m. to assist Medicare-eligible individuals in navigating Medicare and Medicare Part D. Assistance will also be available for those who are currently enrolled and may be eligible for the Part D Low-Income Subsidy “Extra Help” benefit. These sessions are free and open to the public. Appointments are not required unless specified. Those wishing to make an appointment with a Medicare benefits counselor should please call Sam Mizelle at 328-4217. The Medicare benefits counseling program, administered by Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia, serves residents of Franklin, Isle of Wight County, Southampton County and Suffolk. It is funded by a grant from the Obici Healthcare Foundation.
- Story Time with Lady Sharon of the Gate: On Tuesday, March 27, dress up in your favorite medieval garb, whether it be a prince, princess, dragon or knight, and join Lady Sharon for stories, songs, crafts and maybe even a surprise or two.
- Story Time. Programs have resumed on Tuesdays at 10:45 a.m. Call the library to register. Note: There will not be a story time program on March 6.
- Adult Coloring Club. If you are a coloring addict or just want to see what the buzz is all about, drop by the Windsor Library every Wednesday at 10 a.m. and relax and de-stress while making your world more colorful. Note: The club will not meet on March 14.
- One-On-One Computer Training. The tutoring is now offered by appointment every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon. Just stop in or call the front desk to set up an appointment. Take advantage of this great — and free — learning opportunity. Note: There will not be any training available March 14.
For more information, call 242-3046.