Windsor Town Council candidate Q&A: J. Randy Carr
Published 10:05 pm Friday, October 21, 2022
Name: J. Randy Carr
Education: high school
Occupation: self-employed – Landworks Unlimited LLC Lawn Maintenance Contractor
Years in Windsor: 35
Prior elected offices held: Town Council
- Can you briefly summarize why you decided to run for office?
My wife and I have enjoyed living in the Town of Windsor, raising three kids, operating a business and being involved with the people and other organizations within town. I wanted to get involved.
- What would you list as your primary qualifications for this office?
Being involved within the town. Being a citizen of Windsor for 35 years. Listening and understanding and being treated as you would like to be treated.
- What should Windsor’s top priority be right now?
Keeping close management growth as well as the safety of our citizens, as well as preservation of a small-town atmosphere.
- What’s one thing you’d like to see change in terms of Windsor’s town government?
Involvement of citizens, attend council meetings, hold office, get involved.
- What can Windsor do to deter vandalism of its parks and facilities?
Even though vandalism has been minimal within our town, holding the individuals accountable for his/her actions. These actions can be minimized with the homes by upholding family values.
- Does Windsor need more growth and development? If so, how can the town help achieve this?
I think Windsor is growing at a rate that is comfortable for the citizens and manageable for the town.
- What can be done to improve community-police relations in Windsor in the wake of ongoing litigation pertaining to a 2020 traffic stop where two WPD officers held Army Lt. Caron Nazario at gunpoint and pepper-sprayed him?
At this time I am not at liberty to comment on this. However, I do support the Windsor Police Department.