Windsor Library Happenings
Published 1:57 pm Monday, October 22, 2018
- Paws to Read: Be at the library on Saturday, Oct. 20, from 10:30 a.m. to noon and meet our new therapy dogs, Finn and Meggie. Enjoy a craft and make Finn and Meggie’s day by reading them a story.
- Senior Services’ Medicare: Benefits counselors will be here on Monday, Oct. 22. The time will be from 1 to 4 p.m. to assist Medicare-eligible individuals in navigating Medicare and Medicare Part D. Assistance will also be available for those who are enrolled and may be eligible for the Part D Low-Income Subsidy “Extra Help” benefit. These sessions are free and open to the public. Appointments are strongly recommended. Those wishing to make an appointment with a Medicare benefits counselor should call Sam Mizelle at 328-4217. The Medicare benefits counseling program, administered by Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia, serves residents of Franklin, Isle of Wight County, Southampton County and Suffolk. It is funded by a grant from the Obici Healthcare Foundation.
- Bats Around the World: This program will be in Windsor High School on Saturday, Oct. 27, at 11 a a.m. Come meet live bats and learn how you can make a difference in their survival.
Book sale: This will be from 1 to 5 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 8, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 9 and Saturday, Nov. 10. The Friends of the Windsor Library are sponsoring this sale. Fill a bag for $3. Bring your own bag or we will provide you with one.
- Book Club: The group meets monthly on the second Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. On Nov. 8, the members will discuss “Magic Hour” by Kristen Hannah. Copies are available at the front desk and on ebook through Sovalue/Overdrive.
- Mandala Rock Painting: The class will be on Thursday, Nov. 15, at 6 p.m. Registration is required and space is limited. This class is for teens and adults. Call 242-3046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- One-On-One Computer Training. The tutoring is now offered by appointment every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon. Just stop in or call the front desk to set up an appointment. Take advantage of this great — and free — learning opportunity.
- Story Time programs are on Tuesdays at 10:45 a.m. Join us for fun, stories, songs and crafts.
- Adult Coloring Club. If you are a coloring addict or just want to see what the buzz is all about, drop by the Windsor Library every Wednesday at 10 a.m. and relax and de-stress while making your world more colorful.
- Hooks and Needles. Each Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. Bring your project, or start a new one and join the fun.
- Friends of the Windsor Library: Meets the second Monday of the month at 5 p.m. Membership is free and open to anyone with a desire to make the library and our community an even better place.
For more information, call 242-3046.