Windsor Library Happenings
Published 9:47 pm Friday, September 7, 2018
- Closings: The library will be closed on Thursday, Sept. 20, for inventory; however, there will still be the Diabetes Workshop at 1 p.m.
- Friends of the Windsor Library: The group will meet on Monday, Sept. 10, at 5 p.m. Membership is free and open to anyone with a desire to make the library and our community an even better place.
- September Book Club: This will be on Thursday, Sept. 13 at 7 p.m. A new book has been selected. We will be discussing “A Gentleman in Moscow” by Amor Towles. Book club is open to everyone. Copies of the book are available for check out at the front desk or on ebook format on Overdrive. “Varina” By Charles Fraser will be discussed in October.
- Free Diabetes Workshops: These will be in the Windsor Library on Sept. 13, 20 and 27 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. This special program is being presented by the American Diabetes Association and Obici Healthcare Foundation. Call 242-3046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- PAWS to read is back on the third Saturdays of the month from 10:30 a.m. to noon beginning on Saturday, Sept. 15.
- Story Time programs will be on Tuesdays at 10:45 a.m. beginning on Sept. 18. Join us for fun, stories, songs and crafts.
- Senior Services’ Medicare: Benefits counselors will be here on Monday, Sept. 24. The time remains from 1 to 3 p.m. to assist Medicare-eligible individuals in navigating Medicare and Medicare Part D. Assistance will also be available for those who are currently enrolled and may be eligible for the Part D Low-Income Subsidy “Extra Help” benefit. These sessions are free and open to the public. Appointments are not required unless specified. Those wishing to make an appointment with a Medicare benefits counselor should please call Sam Mizelle at 328-4217. The Medicare benefits counseling program, administered by Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia, serves residents of Franklin, Isle of Wight County, Southampton County and Suffolk. It is funded by a grant from the Obici Healthcare Foundation.
- One-On-One Computer Training. The tutoring is now offered by appointment every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon. Just stop in or call the front desk to set up an appointment. Take advantage of this great — and free — learning opportunity.
- Story Time. This will resume in the fall.
- Adult Coloring Club. If you are a coloring addict or just want to see what the buzz is all about, drop by the Windsor Library every Wednesday at 10 a.m. and relax and de-stress while making your world more colorful.
- Hooks and Needles. Each Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. Bring your project, or start a new one and join the fun.
For more information, call 242-3046.