Windsor Library Happenings
- Summer Reading: Next week’s Summer Reading Program at the Windsor library will be “Pizza and Pickins” with folk singer Barbara Edwards. Stop by the library on Tuesday, July 31 between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to turn in your Summer Reading punch cards, pick out your free book and enjoy a slice of pizza and folk music. All punch cards must be turned in by Aug. 4 to be eligible for the grand prize drawing of a $50 Amazon gift card.
- Senior Services’ Medicare: Benefits counselors will return on Monday, Aug. 27. The time remains from 1 to 3 p.m. to assist Medicare-eligible individuals in navigating Medicare and Medicare Part D. Assistance will also be available for those who are currently enrolled and may be eligible for the Part D Low-Income Subsidy “Extra Help” benefit. These sessions are free and open to the public. Appointments are not required unless specified. Those wishing to make an appointment with a Medicare benefits counselor should please call Sam Mizelle at 328-4217. The Medicare benefits counseling program, administered by Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia, serves residents of Franklin, Isle of Wight County, Southampton County and Suffolk. It is funded by a grant from the Obici Healthcare Foundation.
- One-On-One Computer Training. The tutoring is now offered by appointment every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon. Just stop in or call the front desk to set up an appointment. Take advantage of this great — and free — learning opportunity.
- Story Time. This will resume in the fall.
- Adult Coloring Club. If you are a coloring addict or just want to see what the buzz is all about, drop by the Windsor Library every Wednesday at 10 a.m. and relax and de-stress while making your world more colorful.
- Hooks and Needles is back! Each Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. Bring your project, or start a new one and join the fun.
For more information, call 242-3046.
You Might Like
WINDSOR Andy Block, director of the Virginia Department of Juvenile Justice, traveled to the Windsor Ruritan Clubhouse on Friday morning... read more