Windsor Library Happenings
Published 1:33 pm Saturday, July 7, 2018
1 of 4
- Next week’s Summer Reading Event is “Bat World” at 11 a.m. in Windsor High School. Come learn about bats around the world and how important they are to our ecology.
- Book Club: The selection for July is “Hillbilly Elegy” by J.D. Vance. The session begins at 7 p.m. on Thursday, July 12. Copies of the book are available for check out at the front desk and on e-book through Overdrive/Sovalue.
- Teen Summer Reading Program: Button Challenge program starts at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, July 24. Teens will design and make their own unique buttons. Refreshments will be served.
- Senior Services’ Medicare: Benefits counselors will return on Monday, Aug. 27. The time remains from 1 to 3 p.m. to assist Medicare-eligible individuals in navigating Medicare and Medicare Part D. Assistance will also be available for those who are currently enrolled and may be eligible for the Part D Low-Income Subsidy “Extra Help” benefit. These sessions are free and open to the public. Appointments are not required unless specified. Those wishing to make an appointment with a Medicare benefits counselor should please call Sam Mizelle at 328-4217. The Medicare benefits counseling program, administered by Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia, serves residents of Franklin, Isle of Wight County, Southampton County and Suffolk. It is funded by a grant from the Obici Healthcare Foundation.
- Silent auction: Local artist Wayne Braswell’s works are being featured. This fundraiser for the library has been extended through Friday, July 27.
- One-On-One Computer Training. The tutoring is now offered by appointment every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon. Just stop in or call the front desk to set up an appointment. Take advantage of this great — and free — learning opportunity.
- Story Time. This will resume in the fall.
- Adult Coloring Club. If you are a coloring addict or just want to see what the buzz is all about, drop by the Windsor Library every Wednesday at 10 a.m. and relax and de-stress while making your world more colorful.
- Hooks and Needles is back! Each Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. Bring your project, or start a new one and join the fun.
For more information, call 242-3046.