Farmers Bankshares Inc. announces 2018 scholarship recipients
Published 2:40 pm Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Farmers Bank is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2018 Farmers Bank Scholarship Program. For more than 10 years Farmers Bank has annually offered its scholarship program to graduating seniors with plans to attend a four-year college within their market area.
This year Farmers Bank awarded eight $2,500 scholarships to high school seniors within the areas of Isle of Wight County, Southampton County, the City of Suffolk, the City of Portsmouth, the City of Chesapeake and home school students in these districts. Applicants were selected by an independent committee comprised of local community leaders and educators.
Farmers Bank is very proud to be supporting the following local students as they further their education:
- Heather Bowen, a graduate of Windsor High School planning to attend James Madison University.
- Madellyn Carr, a graduate of Lakeland High School planning to attend Longwood University.
- Sydney Carter, a graduate of Windsor High School planning to attend Davis & Elkins College.
- Taylor Anne Cross, a graduate of Southampton High School planning to attend North Carolina State University.
- Hailey Delgado, a graduate of Windsor High School planning to attend the University of Virginia.
- Cameron Keely-Parker a graduate of Deep Creek High School planning to attend the University of Richmond.
- Reann Nichols, a graduate of Windsor High School planning to attend Old Dominion University
- Cassidy Whitehurst, a graduate of Indian River High School planning to attend George Mason University.
“The Farmers Bank Scholarship Program is something I have always been very passionate about. I am honored that we are able to support local students and their families in the pursuit of higher education in this tangible way. We wish them much success in this new endeavor and look forward to all of their future accomplishments,” said Richard J. Holland Jr., Farmers Bank chairman and chief executive officer.
Farmers Bank, founded in 1919, is headquartered in Windsor, Virginia, and is a community bank that operates seven branches and services areas throughout the Tidewater region. Additional information is available at the company’s website, www.farmersbankva.com.
AMY COPELAND is the marketing/project coordinator for Farmers Bank. Contact her at 242-6111 or email@example.com.